10 Binge Worthy Shows to Watch in 2019!
Sometimes a busy life calls for some great television, whether it be shows that you turn on just to listen to while prepping dinner, or the ones that get you so hooked Netflix has to ask if you’re still watching. I’ve pulled together my top 10 shows that I can enjoy with the family, and also binge watch by myself!
1. Big Little Lies. Big Little Lies began in 2017 and is coming out with their next season THIS MONTH! Because there is only 1 season so far, you can catch up without the pressure of committing a bunch of time to the tv. This mysterious, yet comedic drama features my fav actresses Reese Witherspoon, Nicole Kidman, and Zöe Kravitz to name a few!
2. The Handmaid’s Tale. The Handmaid’s Tale is based on Margaret Atwood’s best-selling novel. I wouldn’t recommend watching this with children, but for those who need their fill on female empowerment, this is a great one. There are only two seasons, so it’s a quick one to catch up on, and an easy one to get hooked!
3. Carrie Diaries. Okay, where are all the Sex and the City fans at?! I’m obsessed so when I saw the Carrie Diaries I had to see what it was all about. There are only 2 seasons, but seriously, if you’re a Sex and the City fan you’ve got to watch it.
4. New Girl. New Girl has quite a few seasons out, but that’s only because it’s so good! This comedy of 4 roommates is not only funny, but also heart warming. It’s one that will get you hooked, but can easily be turned on while cleaning the house, prepping dinner, etc. New Girl is light hearted, fun, and seriously hysterical!
5. Ray Donovan. Ray Donovan has been around for awhile now, but it’s a great series. Ray is the go to guy in Hollywood for big actors, actresses, and athletes to get their problems fixed. A lucrative job, however, the show demonstrates the intricacies of the family and the challenges they undergo.
6. Fuller House. Does anybody else’s kids love Full House like mine do? Fuller House is the cast of Full House but in their adult lives. It’s always great when a classic does a reboot to show you how the characters have grown, and Fuller House has really done a good job maintaining the casts’ characteristics and sense of humor.
7. Black Mirror. If you were/are a fan of The Twilight Zone series, you might appreciate this modern day version of mystery! This series differs greatly from episode to episode, but the over all theme is mystery!
8. 13 Reasons Why. This series is heartfelt, mysterious, and thought provoking. It demonstrates a teen’s reasons to why she committed suicide and really shows the damage bullying can cause.
9. Atypical. Atypical is about a young boy with autism. It demonstrates the family’s struggles, but with a light hearted twist. This series combines comedy with drama to provide an informative insight into autism.
10. Stranger Things. Stranger Things is a si-fi series including a group of kids, a board game, and another world. Even for those who aren’t generally science fiction fanatics, this is a good one! There are only two seasons and both are easy to get through because you won’t be able to take your eyes off!
*****Adding The Marvelous Mrs Maisel – The series stars Rachel Brosnahan as the eponymous Miriam “Midge” Maisel, a housewife in 1958 New York City who discovers she has a knack for stand-up comedy.
I rarely have time to watch tv, but when I do, I like for the shows to really be worth my time. What are some shows you love to watch? I’d love to hear your suggestions in the comments below!