New York Mom Experience
I was recently a part of an amazing event about the New York Mom Experience at the OF/MERCER Nolita shop. The day-long event included shopping, mini prenatal yoga class, giveaways, refreshments, and a panel discussion about mommy-ing in NYC.
The panel was moderated by Veronica Horner, co-founder of Maia Moda and included some amazing moms who talked and laughed about the mom experience in NYC and how we all stay sane and supported by our badass community of moms in this global city.
I was honored to join the ranks of these accomplished and talented mom-boss-ladies for the panel…Kaity Velez, Co-Founder and CCO of WellRounded NY, Jenny Greenstein, NYC-based personal stylist and founder of Your Soul Style, Deb Flashenberg, The Prenatal Yoga Center, And Julia Eisenstein, Founder of Loyal Hana.
The brands on display and selling their gorgeous goods should be on every mom, mom-to-be, nursing-mom’s list of must have. I wish these brands were around when I was pregnant—although some of the dresses are so gorgeous you could probably pull a few off sans bebe.
- Maia Moda sells beautiful and functional nursing tops and dresses, which is so important. We need to encourage moms to breastfeed and still feel and look fabulous.
- Teat & Cosset is a chic nursing-friendly collection of ready-to-wear in luxe fabrics and knits.
- OF/MERCER is an chic clothing brand made in NYC that sells office/workwear, everyday clothes and now a work-appropriate maternity collection.
- Loyal Hana is a stunning collection of nursing and maternity clothes that totally look like regular garments except for the hidden zipper! It is all about the hidden zipper to make nursing functional and stylish.
- Milx is a great nursing bra that moms can wear pumping, nursing or working out—and the bra actually looks good doing all three.
- Matron Saint sells stylish clothing perfect for maternity but that can also work into your wardrobe for years.
Just when I thought I knew everything about momming and that I’d heard it all—I get together with this cool crew of moms and learn something new, hear about unique experiences and get great tips. Moms are really out there killin’ it! This event was so fun and so inspiring…I left feeling empowered and grateful to be a mom in NYC.