“What is the difference between two and three kids” is a question I get asked often. You know what I say, besides being outnumbered, our laundry load has definitely tripled. While laundry may not be my favorite chore, I’ve accepted it, and it’s become quite the activity in our home. Living in a small apartment in NYC, we do not have the luxury a washer and dryer in our home, so we need to use the laundry room, located on our 2nd floor, which I’ve actually found easier to tackle multiple loads.
We are usually in the laundry room three times a week, and with young children, it’s safe to say their clothes get soiled pretty quickly. Our outings at the beach usually result in plenty of sandy bathing suits and towels, playdates in the park yield grass stains, and little fun ice cream excursions leave us with melted ice cream mixed with rainbow sprinkles. all over. So when I need a laundry detergent which is tough on stains, I turn to Tide. I can remember my mother using the signature orange bottle when I was a kid, and today, I use it for my family’s laundry, because it’s a brand that I trust.
Every laundry day, each child has a responsibility to carry something down to the laundry room. The laundry bag and detergent bottle is usually my job, so I have the children take turns carrying our laundry card, money, and the girls are always sure to bring down their doll strollers. While we are down there, the kids play, ride the laundry carts, and sometimes will help sort the clothes by color and help load them into the washers.
With a family of five, we go through a significant amount of laundry detergent in our home, and I’ve found it difficult to stay stocked on detergent, due to our lack of space. I just started using the Tide Pods, which have been the solution to my problem. These single use, 3-in-1 laundry pacs contain three different liquids that clean, fight stains, and brighten laundry. Each convenient pack is pre-measured, so you don’t waste time or money by over pouring, and they can be quickly thrown right in with your laundry, which is perfect for a busy mama like me. The Tide PODS dissolve completely, even in cold water washes, delivering the same performance as their traditional liquid. The PODs have definitely helped in lightening our load to the laundry room, as I no longer need to carry down an extra stain guard and a heavy liquid bottle. And best of all, our clothes come out smelling fresh, without any stains.
While the kids do help me with the laundry, supervision is a must. Tide has come up with great tips for storage and cleanliness for family homes. I think this is extremely important for families like mine, who don’t have much shelf storage space, to make sure cleaning products are out of reach from children.
• Keep laundry pacs Up, Up and Away –seal pacs up, store pacs up and keep pacs away from children.
• Keep cleaning products in their original containers with the label intact, in a locked cabinet, and out of children’s reach.
• Clean up any spills, and immediately wash your hands and any items you use to pour or measure
• Young children taste and feel everything they can to learn more about their environment, so keep laundry pacs away from them.
• See things from a child’s perspective. Try getting down on your hands and knees and look around for small items you may have missed, including loose pacs that may have fallen on the floor.
• Educate your children on hazardous products and situations in the home so they can avoid potentially dangerous situations.
• Always have on hand the numbers of your pediatrician and of the Poison Control Center: 1.800.222.1222
• Remember to educate guests visiting your home – nannies, family, and friends – about house rules and let them know important safety information, like where to store cleaning items.
The Tide PODS have really become quite convenient in our weekly laundry trips. They save me time, by not needing to pre-treat the children’s soiled clothing, and I don’t have to measure out messy liquids. I’m hoping to get in a few more beach days before school starts, which means our laundry room chores will continue. I don’t know- maybe I am starting to enjoy it!
2 thoughts on “Game Changing Laundry”
YES MA’AM WE ARE SOOOO THE POD PEOPLE UP IN HERRE 🙂
I LOVE the Tide pods and how easy it is to do laundry.