The holiday season is upon us, and one tradition we always look forward to is baking for friends and family. I’m super excited to share my Mom’s famous recipe for Chocolate Chip Butter Pecan cookies, something she’s been baking for as long as I can remember. Truvia Sweet Complete Sweeteners have completely transformed the way I bake! I love to bake, but I don’t love all the calories that come from my holiday baked goods. Homemade cookies are on of the most wonderful things we can experience during the holiday season. I love when my New York City apartment smells like baked goods. This year, I’ve done something different, and have to say, my mom’s recipe has now been revolutionized.
Firstly, I’ve been using Truvia Sweet Complete Sweeteners in my baking, and am so happy I made the swap. Truvia is sweetened with stevia leaf extract, giving my baked goods all that sweetness I love without the extra calories or sugar. It looks like sugar, and it bakes and browns in your favorite recipes, so I don’t have to worry about the texture of my cookies when I’ve put all of that effort into baking them.
This recipe was originally my mom’s, but I switched out sugar with Sweet Complete Granulated All-Purpose Sweetener and the brown sugar with Sweet Complete Brown Sweetener, and they were a hit! It’s the perfect way to create a recipe with less sugar! I make a ton of these cookies as gifts during the holiday season, and I always bring a double batch to Thanksgiving and Christmas get-togethers. Moreover, I’ve been making them for years, alongside my mom, and this year I’m teaching Siella.
In addition to bringing them to holiday get-togethers, I’ll be sharing them with neighbors and sending batches to my children’s teachers as holiday gifts. Furthermore, this recipe will be in my family for a long time and we plan on making it next year, as well!
Finally, I love baking with Truvia Sweet Complete Sweeteners, and I think you will, too. We highly encourage you to give it a try. For example, you can find it at your local grocery store or on Amazon. Try it with your next baked holiday treats. You’ll be glad you did.
Chocolate Chip Butter Pecan Cookies
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon cornstarch
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 sticks (8 ounces) unsalted butter, melted until browned
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup chocolate chips
2 large eggs plus 1 egg yolk, at room temperature
16 pecan halves, for decoration
1. In a large bowl combine flour, cornstarch, salt, cinnamon, and baking soda; whisk to combine then set aside.
2. In a small saucepan, over medium heat, melt the butter. Continue to cook swirling the pan occasionally. Once browned, remove from heat immediately and pour into a large mixing bowl.
3. Add both the Sweet Complete Granulated All-Purpose and Brown Sweeteners into the mixing bowl and whisk well to combine.
4. Add vanilla. Beat in eggs and egg yolk, one at a time, beating until eggs are just combined.
5. Using a rubber spatula, fold in the flour, stirring until just combined. Fold in the pecans and chocolate chips.
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees (F). Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Divide the dough into 3-tablespoon sized balls and place onto prepared baking sheets, leaving about 3 inches between each ball.
3. Firmly press a pecan half on top of each ball of cookie dough.
4. Bake, one tray at a time, in a preheated oven for 10 to 11 minutes.
This post was originally published December 1st, 2021*
For more holiday recipes please visit here!