Making homemade Halloween treats with your kids is not only fun, but doable friends! These No Bake Spooky Candied Caramel Apple Halloween pops are easy to make and are perfect treats to serve at your Halloween party this year.
When I am in a pinch trying to decide what treat to bring to all the kids’ Halloween parties, I automatically go to these No Bake Spooky Candied Caramel Apple Halloween Pops. They are easy to make (taking only around 15 minutes from start to finish) and they are the perfect recipe to make with your kids.
If you don’t know over at More Momma we help teach you how to get the kids involved in the kitchen without the stress! This recipe is great to do just that. Kids love to drizzle the chocolate and caramel on the apples and pour their favorite toppings of choice on top. Plus, then they can tell all their friends that THEY MADE THEM!
Notice how these aren’t perfect? Well Halloween treats shouldn’t be perfect. The weirder they look the better. So if the kids pour the whole container of Halloween sprinkles onto the apple (which happened here, HAHA) it looks totally normal!
Are you ready to try out these fun No Bae Spooky Candied Caramel Apple Halloween Pops with your kids? Let’s get cooking!
-I buy these caramel melts. You want a caramel that melts easily, but then hardens when it dries.
-I love getting fun Halloween gummy candy and Target (in their Halloween section) or these on Amazon.
-If you have very young kids (younger than 4) I would recommend you drizzle the caramel and chocolate onto the apples and then have the kids put the toppings on to prevent any potential burns.
-Don’t skip the soda trick! Apples oxidize quickly and turn brown. Soaking them in lemon lime soda or even a mixture of lemon juice and water will prevent them from turning brown.
-Try this recipe out for any holiday! There are plenty of fun holiday candies available or just use colored sprinkles to get the theme across.
Spooky Candied Caramel Apple Halloween Pops
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 3 minutes
3 Granny Smith Apples
1 Can Sprite or Lemon Lime Soda
2 Cups Chocolate Chips
1 Cup Caramel Candy Melts, Melted
15 Popsicle Sticks
- Cut the apple into ¼’’ slices. Soak the slices in the soda to prevent browning. Pat the slices dry with a paper towel.
- Remove any seeds from the core.
- Using a small pairing knife (adults only) cut a slit in the bottom of your apple slices to form a pocket for the popsicle stick. Slide the popsicle stick into the slit.
- Melt the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl for 30 seconds. Stir and microwave again for 30 seconds. Follow this method of stirring and microwaving for 30 second intervals until chocolate is just barely melted (you don’t want the chocolate to burn).
- Repeat the melting method with the caramel candy melts.
- Take the melted chocolate and caramel and drizzle it with a fork over the apples.
- Quickly top with desired sprinkles and candy. Let cool and enjoy!
-You can change up the toppings for different holidays.
-Always watch small children when eating apples slices and using a popsicle stick.