Winter break has just come to end, and I have to say that it was probably one of the best ever. There was plenty of down time with the kiddies lounging all day in our pajamas, time spent with our families, and even made a last minute trip upstate for some skiing!
In the car on the way home, we chatted with the kids about prepping for the new year and school schedules. Some of the topics we touched on were weekly chores and allowance, planning school lunches and dinners out for the upcoming week, and the monster work schedules that both Jason and I are facing in the next month or so.
Before pulling back into Battery Park, and like the beginning most weeks, we stopped at our local BJ’s Wholesale Club to do some prep! Siella made a list of everyone’s requests for lunch and dinner, so we tackled the food aisles first.
Keeping with my health and wellness for the new year, I browsed their assortment of activewear for women, and stumbled upon these incredible RBX pants. I love the mesh cut outs in the leg, which are ideal for a spin class, or just everyday wear! I also scored this zip pullover in heather grey also from RBX to add to my routine workouts, or to keep me warm on the slopes! I also stumbled on this DIY running belt thanks to All For The Memories!
With the New Year, its out with the old, and in with the new. I stocked up on new socks, and sports bras too. I even found a fun Contigo Ashland water bottle, to make sure I drink plenty of water; something I tend to forget!
BJ’s Wholesale Club is certainly a one-stop shopping destination for the whole family, and just the place to kick off a healthy New Year. They are committed to offering the best value of any supermarket or wholesale club. Families can save up to $500 a year by shopping at BJ’s with their low prices!
5 Ways To Kick Off Off Your Best Year Yet:
- Meal Plan – Each week I ask the kids to give me ideas of what they what to have for lunches and dinner. Siella is all about making the menu for the week. It really allows me to plan ahead but also ensures that they will eat everything I serve them!
- Drink More Water – On a daily basis, I drink way more coffee than I do water. This year I am hoping to change that. I just picked up a new water bottle from BJ’s, and even stocked up on a few cases of seltzer because that counts as water too!
- New Work Out Clothes – like the ones I just purchased from BJ’s!
- Exercise – Make it a goal to get in some kind of workout, even if it is only 15 minutes a day.
- Purchase a BJ’s Membership! I promise it will make shopping for your entire family a easy and way more affordable!
Do you have a membership yet? If not, head into a BJ’s Wholesale Club, or click here https://www.bjs.com/membershipEnroll, and start saving some dough.
Happy New Year friends!
5 thoughts on “5 Ways To Kick Off Your Best Year Right!”
These are great tips. Meal planning has been a huge help for me in the past, and I want to get back on track with that.
I have already been doing 4 out of your 5 tips. The only thing I would probably try this year is to buy work out clothes. Maybe that will motivate me to do more low impact exercises.
Right on with all 5! Meal planning helps us a TON! There are days where I remember to drink more water. Sounds silly, I know.
Love this post idea. Feeling good and looking good go hand in hand!
I actually don’t have any issues with drinking plain water. I can drink a full 500 ml bottle in one sitting. (I must have been a camel in my past life. haha). Anyway, thank you for sharing these tips. I will have focus more on meal planning. I know it will help me save more time and reduce those extra trips to the store.