Last week Ryder had a well visit at the doctors, and they always ask what type of foods he’s eating these days. Two things she mentioned were quinoa and peppers, and the answer is yes he does eat them, but I haven’t made anything in a while with these two ingredients. So I googled some recipes and found one from Bethenny Frankel. I made it last night and it came out awesome…”thank you Bethenny”!
Stuffed Peppers Recipe
- 6 peppers (cut off top and bottom and use them)
- 1 pound turkey meat
- 1 cup quinoa (cooked)
- ½ large onion
- 2 cups jarred tomato sauce
- 1.5 tsp garlic salt
- 2 tsp tabasco
- 2.5 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp fresh thyme (omitted)
- 1/3 cup feta cheese (I used goat cheese)
- 2 tablespoon toasted pine nuts (I would say optional)
- Parsley for garnish
Preheat oven to 400 degrees Cook for 30 minutes Prep Time 30 minutes
- Cook quinoa per directions.
- Crumble turkey meat with wooden spoon over medium heat.
- While turkey meat is cooking, chop the tops and bottoms of peppers into pieces and combine with chopped onion, garlic salt and tomato sauce. Saute over medium heat and add remaining ingredients except the feta and pine nuts
- Combine the above with cooked turkey, quinoa, pine nuts and feta cheese (save a small amount of feta to sprinkle on top later on)
- Remove the inside of the peppers. Portion the mixture into each of the peppers and place them on a baking sheet. Top with feta cheese. Bake for 30 minutes.