Since quarantine not only have I been cooking more, but I’ve also been taking on more complex recipes with my extra time. After five months of cooking almost all meals for our family of five, I’m feeling burnt out and uninspired in the kitchen. I’m now incorporating exciting but EASY recipes as we continue to quarantine/socially distance in 2020. These No Bake Cereal Bars are the perfect addition to breakfast or a midday snack without all the fuss in the kitchen, plus the kids can totally help out on this one. And they taste delicious!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 ½ cups puffed rice cereal
- 1 ½ cups whole grain O’s cereal
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup peanut butter
- Big pinch of coarse sea salt (optional)
- Line a 9” square cake pan with 2 pieces of parchment paper (one going in each way)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine puffed rice and whole grain O’s. Toss to combine.
- In a small pot over medium heat, combine honey and peanut butter. Stir continuously until mixture is smooth
- Pour honey/peanut butter over the mixed cereal. Stir. Make sure that all cereal is coated evenly. It will be very sticky.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking pan, using a wet rubber spatula to spread it out into an even layer. Lightly wet your hands and press down on the mixture to even it out. Use the wet rubber spatula to press the mixture firmly into the pan. Pay particular attention to the edges and corners.
- Place the pan in the freezer for about 20 minutes or until firm
- Lift the bars from the pan, using the parchment paper and place them on a cutting board. With a sharp knife or pizza cutter, slice the bars into your desired size and shape.
- Wrap the bars individually in plastic wrap. Store in an airtight container or baggie in the freezer for up to a month
I hope your little sous chefs can help you make these delicious healthy no bake bars and I hope the easy process allows more time for summertime fun outside the kitchen!
10 thoughts on “No Bake Cereal Bars”
Wow, these cereal bars look so amazing!! I love how they use wholesome ingredients that I have on hand. My kids would enjoy making them.
Have fun making them together and enjoy!
That was a really awesome way to be creative with your kids. They need to LEARN when there no schools.
Our kids also need a healthy in a budget, due to the pandemic clock. thanks, Brianne Manz for a really wonderful recipe.
These look and sound delicious! I have to make them with the girls.
I can see myself reaching for one of these no bake cereal bars in the middle of the day. My son would enjoy them too.
Great in the morning and as an afternoon snack!
These are really amazing treats! I seriously need to give it a try!
those are some of the best. i haven’t made in a long time. will have to make again with the kids.
These no bake cereal bars are perfect for our ever-hungry kiddos. They eat everything in our home these days.
My kids seem to snack all day long!