Happy Monday friends! So my friend and neighbor Deepa has an amazing food blog called Deepa’s Wellness Journey. I love running into her on the street and asking what she’s whipping up that day! A few weeks back, I ran into her at our local market where she was picking up bananas to make a Chocolate Chip Banana Bread, which is my most fave dessert. It’s so delicious and incredibly easy to make. You won’t believe it!
I asked her if she would share her recipe with the SITC community and I am happy to say here it is below! And be sure to visit her blog and all her yummy recipes!
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
3 ripe bananas, mashed
1 tbsp milk
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg (optional)
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup white sugar
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan, preferably glass.
- Mix all the dry ingredients- flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl.
- Stir the mashed bananas, milk, nutmeg and cinnamon in another bowl.
- Beat butter and sugar in a third bowl until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs to butter mixture, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir banana mixture and butter mixture together.
- Add in dry mixture until blended well.
- Next, gently add the chocolate chips and chopped walnuts (if using) and mix until just combined.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 70 minutes.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack before slicing. ENJOY!