The college years focus on transitioning to adulthood with plenty of school work mixed in. Therefore, when it comes to choosing great gifts for college students, it helps to keep things practical enough to help them get through their coursework, while adding elements of independence and fun as well. These gift ideas are meant to inspire you to think outside the box this holiday giving season.
- Amazon Prime Student is a Prime membership program created for especially for college students. Prime Student members receive a six-month trial that includes Free Two-Day Shipping on over 50 million items, unlimited streaming of Prime movies and TV shows, unlimited photo storage with Prime Photos, 20% off pre-order and new release video games, exclusive deals and savings, and more! Let the move to adulthood begin with Amazon!
- Give a gift that keeps giving! CampusCube® offers quality college care packages and gift boxes for students that are specially curated for fun and inspiration. Each cube is beautifully presented to help you send support and encouragement to your college student. Choose from his and hers, as well as special occasion packages such as exams and birthdays.
- A dorm room kitchenette combined with a student’s income can lead to desperate measures when it comes to staying fed. Therefore, the Rapid Ramen Cooker is perfect for any ramen noodle loving college student! It cooks perfect ramen noodles in the microwave in just 3 minutes and helps eliminate the hassle of dirty pots and pans.
- Is your student sharing a room? The Privacy Pop Bed Tent provides a snug fit around the mattress of their bed to offer a bit of privacy and seclusion in uncomfortable sleeping quarters, such as dorm rooms. Help your college student create an oasis of solitude and seclusion with windows and doors that can be zipped closed.
- During study sessions, it helps to take a break. Your college student may enjoy catching up on their favorite TV show and Netflix is a great way to give them that enjoyment. As the world’s leading internet entertainment service, members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any internet-connected screen. Besides, if you stay up-to-date on Stranger Things, you’ll have something to talk about for sure during your next call with them!
- Hydro Flask makes double wall vacuum insulated stainless steel water bottles that are backed by a lifetime warranty—and can keep beverages piping hot as well. Whether keeping water on hand for hydration or coffee around for a pick-me-up, this Wide Mouth Bottle is perfect! You can even customize a Hydro Flask to give it that special personalized-touch that makes gifts even more memorable.
- Music helps soothe the souls sometimes and I’m sure college students could use a little soothing. A Bluetooth Speaker such as Sonos One, can help them relax as they listen to their favorite tunes. Or, when friends are around, they can all listen to the music as they enjoy each other’s company. Whether it plays softly in the background while studying or they are having a full-scale dance party in their dorm room, music just seems to make everything better.
- With college comes plenty of electronics. From their phones (so we can keep in touch with them) to their computers and more, there are plenty of things that need to stay charged. A multi-outlet charger—with USB outlets—can provide all of the outlets they need. When sharing a dorm or sitting in a full library, they can charge everything they need, as well as share with others who may be searching for an empty outlet too.
- If you’ve ever lost a digital document you’re working on, you know how important it is to backup your work. An external hard drive could be a “grade-saver” in the unfortunate event of a computer crashing. They come in various sizes, and in addition to cloud back-ups, could save your student in a case of a technical mishap!
- Honestly though, when I asked my college students for the top item on their gift list, they all said the same thing: gift cards! This gives them to freedom to purchase their own things based on their needs/wants at the time. Whether it’s a restaurant gift card, VISA gift card or specific store card, I think they really just like the idea of picking out their own gifts. After all, these college years are about parents letting go and giving them wings to fly!
9 thoughts on “Gift Guide: College Students”
I work on a college campus and you are ON POINT with this gift guide! So many students don’t realize the benefits of Prime Student.
I love my Amazon Prime. It’s made my life so much easier. I don’t even use the other benefits that come with it. Great gift ideas!
These are great ideas for any college student. I need a gift idea for my cousin whos a senior! Perfect!
We have a few people on our list who are in university. I think they’d appreciate an external hard drive – nothing worse than losing our stuff!
The ramen cooker is such a clever idea. Ramen really is a staple for college students.
The pop bed tent is really cool! I wish I had these things when I was in college. But these are great ideas for present this Christmas!
I want one of those college cube bed things for myself! I wonder if my wife would tolerate it?!
What a great list of gifts for college students! I would have liked money added to my card for food and printing.
First of all, I didn’t even know there was an Amazon Prime for students! We LOVE the regular Amazon Prime – hopefully the student version is around when our littles are students! And second of all, these are fantastic gift ideas! You just helped me out with a few of my cousins! HA!